Monday, June 29, 2009

Class Reunion Anyone?

My conversations with LHS classmates in recent months frequently included class reunions as a topic. A majority of my sample group favor combining two, perhaps three, graduating classes in a joint reunion.

My personal preference would be to see the '56, '57 & '58 classes organize a joint reunion, which could result in about 130 attendees. Wouldn't that be great? If you have other ideas in this regard, please share them on this blog so we can get 'a conversation' going.

Organizers will need to emerge to get the ball rolling, so volunteers are needed to get together class lists and contact information, coordinate with those representing other class years, send out announcements, collect admission fees, select a venue for the event, pay deposits, select a music genre plus a DJ or band, decide food and beverage choices, etc., etc.

It won't be easy and it won't happen quickly, but if a few of us get together and reach a consensus on the macro issues, then we can delegate many of the myriad micro tasks so a lot more gets done in a shorter time.

Let's begin the conversation by centering on a goal of having a class reunion by the end of October 2010. If you think that is impracticably quick, please suggest an alternative calendar quarter or month. I have already drafted a '57 class list that would serve as a start for my class, but we'll need such lists for other class years if we are to organize and coordinate a joint reunion. If you want a copy of that list, just email me your request and I'll provide it. Perhaps you have information to update it?

Any suggestions? Any volunteers? Any info at your disposal that would be helpful to the organizers? Speak out now...

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Russ. I like the three years together and I would be happy to help--not lead--because I'll be away a lot which severely limits my time availability. I can help with almost anything except asking for donations of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No response to my offer to do most of the work and time is flying by.

    ReplyDelete